Reading just 15 minutes a day could earn $10,000 for our Library! Won’t you help us out?
Libraries throughout Los Angeles have summer reading programs where kids (and adults) can earn prizes. LAUSD is offering a summer reading challenge which fits hand-in-hand with the libraries’ reading programs. It is win-win all around!
If your family is up for the challenge of reading just 15 minutes a day, or 100 minutes a week, you can nominate OUR SCHOOL to WIN $10,000 for the library. Each student’s log submitted = one nomination. If you have two children reading, that counts as two nominations. The more students who read, the more nominations we can get for Short Avenue and win! Remember to track your time on a reading log.
LAUSD Summer Reading Challenge • Read 15min/day • Win $10,000 for our school library • Details
- Los Angeles Public Library Summer Reading Program
- County of Los Angeles Library Summer Reading Program
- Book recommendations by grade
STUDENT SUCCESS LIBRARY CARD
Did you know there is an LAUSD Library partnership offering your child a card that never has a late fee? Look for the student success library card enrollment form in your school packet in August.
- Summer Reading 2017 Flyer Spanish
- Summer Reading 2017 Flyer English
- Summer Reading Log LAUSD
- Summer Reading List LAUSD LA Public Library
- FAQ LAUSD Reading Challenge Summer 2017 FAQ
- Additional LAUSD Summer Reading Resources
- Junior Library Guild Award List
- Reading Rockets Book Lists
If you have any questions, please ask Ms. Casilli, our awesome librarian, who is organizing our Short Avenue Reading efforts. Happy Reading (and logging)!