You can make your tax-deductible contribution go even further with a matching gift. Matching gift programs are an important way for Short Avenue to increase contributions and support our school. Typically, employers match your contribution, essentially doubling your original donation.
- Ask your human resource manager if they have a matching gift program. Large and small companies have them.
- If the answer is “yes”, ask for a matching gift form. Complete your portion. Include the form with your donation. If you donated online, hand the form into the front office for FoSA.
- If the answer is “no”, talk to your HR director and ask them to consider it. There are direct benefits for your company.
– Encourages employee philanthropy and volunteerism
– Increases employee morale and retention
– Generates goodwill and positive publicity
– Helps attract top talentSee sample matching gift form